Beatrice’s watercolor paintings display a sensitivity to detail and composition, and are elevated by the emotional and personal connections she has with her subjects.
Having established herself within the genre of animal art, her extensive career has included numerous solo and juried exhibits at galleries, institutions, and museums throughout the US and abroad. Over 25 years as a professional artist, Beatrice’s work has amassed a list of honors, including Signature member status of prestigious international groups; Society of Animal Artists and Artists for Conservation, was singled out for her outstanding bird art receiving the Don Eckelberry Award, and an was recognized as an “Artist of Note…” by Wildlife Art Magazine. Beatrice’s artwork has also been displayed in a variety of publications and has been acquired by collectors from around the world.
Support for Conservation:
I have supported Untied States Humane Society, World Wildlife Fund, Asa Wright Nature Center (Trinidad and Tobago), and several other groups including local land conservation and nature centers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- 2017 - 2nd place Watercolor
Group juried exhibit: "Ellarslie34"
The Trenton city Museum at Ellarslie, Trenton, NJ
- 2017 - Finalist, Animal Art & Featured Artist/May
"The Artist's Magazine" Annual Competition, with online feature in May.
- 2016 - Artists for Conservation Exhibit
"Glimmer" selected for juried group exhibit. Grouse Mountain, Vancouver, BC, CA
- 2015 - New Hope Arts Annual Exhibit of Members
"Surveyor" winner of "Works on Paper"
- 2015 - Lambertville Historical Society 34th Annual Juried Exhibit
Exhibit of Lambertville and the surrounding area. "Down Under" winner of the "Lambertville Historical Society Award". Robert Beck Gallery, Lambertville NJ.
- 2015 - Artists for Conservation Exhibit
"Twist" selected for juried group exhibit. Grouse Mountain, BC, Canada
- 2015 - 55th ANNUAL EXHIBITION
Juried Exhibit and Tour
- 2014 - Abbott Marshlands, More Than Meets the Eye
Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie, Trenton NJ
- 2014 - Oasis and Mirage: Disappearing Water
Juried art exhibit that features artistic interpretations of water to communicate the importance and beauty of water to our lives and our ecosystems. Plentiful, polluted, scarce, and inspiring. D&R Greenway, Princeton, NJ.
- 2014 - Art of the Animal XIX
"Through the Shoals" selected for juried group exhibit. Bennington, VT
- 2014 - 55th Annual Exhibit of Society of Animal Artists
Juried International Group Exhibit
August 28 – October 25, 2015
Roger Tory Peterson Institute
- 2013 - In Their Eyes
Four person invitational exhibit. Clifton Arts Center, Clifton NJ.
- 2013 - Distinguished Artists Series
Speaking Engagement. Artsbridge, Stockton, NJ
- 2013 - Artists for Conservation Exhibit
"Waylay in the Mango Tree" selected for juried group exhibit. Grouse Mountain, BC, Canada
- 2013 - The Feathered and the Field
Group exhibit. D&R Greenway, Princeton, NJ
- 2012 - Animals and Totems
Duo exhibit, The Bank of Princeton, Lambertville NJ
- 2012 - Habitat Inhabitans
Artists' Gallery, Lambertville, NJ
- 2012 - Positively Transparent: Watercolor Meets Glass
Artworks, Trenton, NJ
- 2011 - BORK
Duo exhibit (with my father, featuring my paintings and his jewelry). Soul Made Gallery, Pt. Pleasant, NJ
- 2011 - 51st Annual Art and the Animal
Juried member exhibit of the Society of Animal Artists. Starting at Dennos Museum Center, MI. Tour: Peninsula Fine Art Center, VA and ending at Appleton Museum of Fine Art FL.
- 2011 - Birds, Bees and Biodivirsity
Group exhibit by invitation, D&R Greenway, Princeton, NJ
- 2009 - Small Works Big Impressions
Society of Animal Artists group exhibiti and sale. Wildlife Experience, Parker CO.
- 2009 - Art in the Office
Duo Exhibit. Raymond James Assoc. Philadelphia, PA
- 2008 - Art of the Animal Kingdom XIII
Group exhibit, Bennington Center for the Arts, juried John Seerey-Lester.
- 2008 - Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ.
Juried group show. Wildlife Art and Photography Exhibit and Sale. Prallsville Mills, Stockton, NJ.
- 2007 - Twentieth International Exhibition on Animals in Art
School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. Juried Group Exhibit.
- 2007 - It's a Bird's Life, Avian Art & Science
D & R Greenway Land and Trust, Marie Matthews Gallery at the Johnson Education Center, Princeton, NJ. Invitational group exhibit.
- 2007 - Small Works—Big Impressions
Juried group exhibit of SAA. The Wildlife Experience, Parker CO
- 2007 - Finalist
"Animal Art" category, "The Artist's Magazine". Juried by John Banovich.
- 2006 - 46th Annual Art and the Animal Exhibition and Tour
-Bennington Center for the Arts, Bennington VT.
-The Wildlife Experience, Parker CO.
-West Valley Art Museum, Surprise AZ.
-Bergstrom Mahler Museum, Neenah, WI.
-Hickory Museum of Art, Hickory, NC.
- 2006 - 2006 Art Kudos International Juried Competition and Exhibition
"Soak up the Sun" finalist. On-line exhibit.
- 2006 - B is for Bird
Solo Exhibit at The Gallery at Chapin, Princeton NJ.
- 2005 - 45th Annual Art and the Animal Exhibition
Nevada State Museum, Carson City NV.
- 2004 - Don Eckelberry Scholarship Award
This award, given by the Society of Animal Artists, was established in 2003 to provide a young bird artist with the opportunity to study at the Asa Wright Nature Center in Trinidad, a resource that Don hoped would give artists valuable time in the field.
- 2003 - Birds and Deviations
Solo Exhibit. ETS—Brodsky Gallery, Princeton, NJ.
- 2005 - Asa Wright Nature Centre
Green Honeycreepers, inspired by the Don Eckelberry Scholarship to the Centre. The piece was donated and is now in public view at the Centre.
- Birds, Barns, Flocks, & Crops (2013)
Review of exhibit of a D&R exhibit in Princeton, NJ -
Author: by Susan Van Dongen
Published by: US 1
- JAVMA (Journal of Veterinary Medicine Assoc.) (2010)
"The Attendant" chosen for cover July 1, 2010 -
- "Hunterdon Life" Magazine (January) (2010)
"Dreams of Spring" chosen for cover art -
Published by: NJN Publishing
- "Ever on the hunt for wildlife..." (2008)
- Feature Article in "Time Off" section Nov. 2008
Author: Janet Purcell
Published by: The Times
- Making a Splash—Shades of Green (2008)
Author: Jessica Canterbury
Published by: Watercolor Artist magazine
- “Painting wildlife without wilderness" (2008)
Feature article -
Author: Shirley J. Sasor
Published by: Hunterdon Life magazine
- TAWA@25 (2005)
"Mourning" selected for exhibition. - TAWA 25th Anniversary Exhibit, June-Sept. 2004 at Ellarslie, The Trenton City Muaeum, Show catalog.
Published by: Trenton Artists Workshop Association
- Wildlife Art magazine (2004)
- 'Artists of Note' "19 artists whose work warrant recognition", Nov./Dec. issue.
- The Animal Companion (2004)
- Cover Story: "Noted bird artist paints spirited subjects". Dec.–Jan. issue.
Author: Bernie Abrams, contributing writer
- The Best of Wildlife Art 2 (1999)
"The Roost" selected for inclusion among 86 international artists. -
Published by: North Light Books
- The Best of Wildlife Art (1997)
"Summer Activity" selected among 96 international artists. -
Published by: North Light Books