SAA, AFC, MAA, MPSGS, CPA, AMA
Birds, Mammals, Fine Art Miniatures
“Everything I see, everywhere I look, a painting beckons to be created. My paintings are a celebration of life. They are momentary journeys that are filled with nature’s richness, beauty and dignity, which provide a temporary shelter from our otherwise fast-paced busy world.”
Linda Rossin is an award-winning New Jersey artist, who has been professionally painting poignant portrayals of birds and mammals in both large and diminutive scale since 1988. She is among only a handful of professional American wildlife painters who embody animals within the confines of traditional miniature art. Large or small, acrylic or oil, Ms. Rossin’s work has been displayed in prestigious exhibitions and museums across the United States, as well as in other countries around the world.
As a signature member of the Society of Animal Artists (SAA) and Artists for Conservation (AFC), she has been recognized with Medals of Excellence from both organizations — the highest accolade paid to an artist by these societies. In addition to these two outstanding awards, she has been recognized with countless Best of Show and First Place honors as a result of the unfailing quality of her work. Ms. Rossin is most notably known for her miniature paintings and is also a signature member of Miniature Artists of America (MAA), made up of international artists whose work reflects the highest standards in miniature art today. The unfailing quality of Linda’s masterful miniatures led to an invitation to create the 2014 White House Commemorative Egg for former First Lady, Michelle Obama.
Additional Signature Memberships include: Cider Painters of America (CPA); and Miniature Painters, Gravers & Sculptors Society of Washington, DC (MPSGS). Linda also maintains Associate Memberships in: Miniature Art Society of Florida (MASF); Association of Miniature Artists (AMA); and World Federation of Miniaturists (WFM).
Hardbound publications featuring Ms. Rossin’s artwork are: Modern Masters of Miniature Art in America, authored by Wes Siegrist, sponsored by Miniature Artists of America; The Best of Worldwide Wildlife Artists, Kennedy Publishing; and The Best of Wildlife Art, Volumes 1 & 2, Strokes of Genus 6 and Art Journey Animals: A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks from F & W Publications, North Light Books. Also recently released from North Light Books is Acrylicworks 5, the Best of Acrylic Painting, Bold Values, where several of Linda’s large works are featured.
Support for Conservation:
A portion from each print sale from The Fading Patterns Collection benefits the Carolina Tiger Rescue.
Carolina Tiger Rescue's Mission is to provide sanctuary to a diverse community of animals and to promote conservation by educating people about the importance of the environment.
- 2018 - Annual Members Exhibition, the SOCIETY OF ANIMAL ARTISTS
2018 - The James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art
2017 - Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum - Oradell, NJ
2016 - Houston Museum of Natural History, Houston, TX
2015 - Roger Tory Peterson Institute, Jamestown, NY
2014 - The Wildlife Experience, Parker, CO. AWARD OF EXCELLENCE to "Sun Bathers"
2013 - Bennington Center for the Arts, VT
2012 - Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum, Oradel, NJ
2011 - Dennos Museum Center, Traverse City, MI
2010 - San Diego Natural History Museum, San Diego, CA
2009 - Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure, Salina, KS
2008 - Neville Public Museum
2007 - The Wildlife Experience Museum, Parker, CO
2006 - Bennington Center for the Arts, Bennington, VT
2003 - Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum, Oradell, NJ
- 2018 - MASF, International Miniature Art Exhibition, FL
2018 - Third Place, Acrylics, "Dune Walker"
2017 - First Place, Acrylics, "Savanna Matriarch"
2016 - First Place for Still Life, "May"
2015 - Best Cat (Wild or Domestic) Award, "Siberian Summer"
2014 - Excellence In All Entries
2014 - First Place, Birds & Animals "Abbee"
2013 - First Place, Acrylics, "Sun Bathers"
2012 - Judge
2011 - First Place, Birds and mammals "Crayfish Cravings"
2010 - Excellence in All Entries
2010 - First Place, Acrylics, "After the Thaw"
2009 - Second Place, Acrylics, "Purrsian on Persian"
2008 - Judge's Second Choice, "Sunshine and Friends"
2007 - Third Place, Acrylics
2005 - Honorable Mention, Landscapes
2004 - First Place, Acrylics
2003 - First Place, Birds and mammals
2001 - Honorable Mention, Landscapes
2000 - Purchase Award / Third Place, Acrylics
- 2018 - Ohio Valley Art League, Biennial Wildlife Art Exhibit, KY
2018 - "Spring's Glory" Featured in Exhibition
2016 - "Resilient Recluse" recipient of the Precision Cooling Towers Award
2016 - "Resilient Recluse" Featured in Exhibition
2012 - "Big Sky Country" Featured in Exhibition
2004 - Recipient of the Ellis Park Race Track Award
2004 - Purchase Award
2002 - GAMCO Award
2002 - Purchase Award
2000 - Purchase Award
- 2018 - Parklane Gallery's Juried International Miniature Art Show, WA
2018 - BEST OF SHOW, "She"
2018 - Honorable Mention, "A Rose for a Rose"
2017 - People's Choice Award, "Deck Master"
2017 - Sponsor's Award, "Country Cousins"
2016 - 1st Place, "Cocktail Hour"
2015 - 2nd Place, "Barefoot Boy"
2014 - BEST IN SHOW, "Canyon Gold"
2014 - Honorable Mention, "You Didn't Hear It From Me"
2013 - Golden Colors Award, "Canyon Country lll"
2012 - Golden Colors Award, "Just Hanging Around"
2011 - People's Choice, "Hello There"
2011 - First Place, "Canyon Country ll"
2010 - BEST IN SHOW, "Canyon Country"
2008 - First Place, "Cruising"
2008 - Golden Colors Award, "Tinkerbell"
- 2018 - Alabama Miniature Art Society / Spanish Moss Art Show
2018 - BEST OF SHOW, "Garden of Dreams"
2016 - Founders Award, "Fan Dancing"
2015 - 3rd Best of Show, "Little Squirt"
2014 - Founders Award, "Feelin' Good"
2013 - AMAS Award, "Romancing the Reef"
2012 - 3rd Best of Show, "Evening Dunes"
2010 - BEST IN SHOW, "Short Cut"
- 2018 - Heartland Art Guild Miniature Art Show, KS
2018 - Honorable Mention, "Golden Boy"
2014 - Merit Award, "Garden of Dreams"
- 2018 - Sulphur Springs Valley International Miniature Show, AZ
2018 - First Place - "Bovine Beauty"
2017 - People's Choice Award - "Garden of Dreams"
2017 - Second Place - "Hey Handsome"
- 2017 - Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, DC
2017 - BEST OF SHOW, Lighthouse Keeper's Companion"
2016 - BEST OF SHOW, "Going off the Grid"
2015 - CPA Americana Award, "An Apple a Day"
2014 - Awards Judge
2013 - 1st Place, Birds & Animals, "Season of Plenty"
2012 - 3rd Place Acrylic/Oil, "Magical Moment"
2011 - 1st Place Acrylic/Oil, "Camping Out"
2010 - 1st Place, Birds & Animals, "Hello Dolly"
2009 - Honorable Mention - Oil/Acrylic, "Pause and Reflect"
2007 - Honorable Mention - Birds and Animals
2005 - Elected as an Associate Member of the MPSGS. Founded in 1931 the MPSGS is the oldest Miniature Art Society in the USA. It is the second oldest in the world next to the Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers in London, England.
2004 - Honorable Mention
- 2017 - Mountainside Art Guild, Annual Miniatures Exhibition, CO
2017 - First Bank of Colorado Sponsor Award, "Bovine Beauty"
2014 - BEST OF SHOW, "Canyon Gold"
2013 - BEST OF SHOW, "You Didn't Hear It From Me..."
- 2017 - Artsits for Conservation
2017 - "Fan Dancing" Selected for Touring Exhibition
2016 - "Fan Dancing" Live & Virtual Exhibition
2015 - "Step by Step" Selected for Touring Exhibition
2014 - "Step by Step" Live & Virtual Exhibition
2012 - "Birdie in the Boneyard" Live & Virtual Exhibition
2010 - "Apple Blossom Time" Featured in Exhibition
2009 - "Big Sky Country" Featured in Exhibition
2008 - MEDAL OF EXCELLENCE "Maritime Migrator"
2008 - "Silhouettes Along the Shore" Featured in Exhibition
- 2017 - Seaside Art Gallery's International Miniature Art Show, NC
2017 - 3rd Place Award - "Buddy"
2015 - Best Acrylic Award - "Don't Mess with Bill"
2014 - Best Acrylic Award - "Season of Plenty"
2012 - 3rd Place - "A Woman's Touch"
2011 - Promotional Show Post Card, "Going for Gold"
2008 - Second Place, "A Shore Welcome"
- 2017 - WaterWorks Art Museum Biennial Little Picture Show, MT
2017 - BEST OF SHOW, "Bovine Beauty"
2015 - BEST OF SHOW, "Buffalo Gal"
2015 - Honorable Mention, "Fire & Ice"
2013 - BEST OF SHOW, "Sun Bathers"
2011 - BEST OF SHOW, "Cruising"
2009 - First Runner Up, "On the Rocks"
2009 - Honorable Mention "Emeralds, Sapphires & Gold"
- 2017 - Ridge Art Association, Biennial Miniature Art Show, Winter Haven, FL
2017 - Award of Excellence, "Garden of Dreams"
2011 - 2nd Place, "Autumn's in the Air"
- 2016 - Artistic Designs Gallery, Annual Miniature Fine Art Show, IN
2016 - BEST OF SHOW, "Alfalfa in the Air"
2016 - Best of Acrylic Painting, "Alfalfa in the Air"
2015 - BEST OF SHOW, "An Apple a Day"
2014 - Best of Acrylic Painting, "Rama-lama-ding-dong"
2013 - Best of Acrylic Painting, "Garden of Dreams"
2012 - Best of Acrylic Painting, "Magical Moment"
2011 - Best of Acrylic Painting, "Downwind Alert"
2010 - BEST OF SHOW, "Freshwater Dunes"
- 2016 - Art Gallery of Fells Point North American Miniature Art Exhibition, MD
2016 - 1st Place, Acrylics, "Magical Moment"
2015 - 1st Place, Acrylics, "Garden of Dreams"
2014 - 2nd Place, Acrylics, "Cocktail Hour"
2013 - 1st Place, Acrylics, "Sun Dance"
2012 - BEST OF SHOW, "Elegance in Motion"
2011 - 1st Place, Acrylics, "Wireless Caller"
2010 - 1st Place, Acrylics, "Souvenirs"
- 2016 - Miniatures in Mariposa, CA
2016 - People's Choice Award, "Garden of Dreams"
2016 - Second Place, Animals, "Buffalo Gal"
2016 - Third Place, Portraiture, "Little Squirt"
2014 - First Place, Animals, "Temporary Quarters"
2013 - BEST OF SHOW, "Joy Ride"
2013 - First Place, Seascape, "Evening Dunes"
2013 - First Place, Animals, "Hero Worship"
2012 - First Place, Animals, "Sun Bathers"
- 2015 - Cider Painters of America, International Miniature Show, PA
2015 - Best of Acrylic Media, "Fan Dancing"
2014 - Best of Acrylic Media, "Heartland"
2013 - CPA Color Award, "Garden of Dreams"
2012 - CPA's Best for Realism, "Roaming Thunder"
2011 - CPA Presidential Award, "Awakenings"
2010 - BEST OF SHOW, All Entries
2009 - CPA's Best for Realism, "Hey Handsome"
2006 - CPA's Aviary Award
2005 - CPA's Award for Florals
2003 - BEST OF SHOW, All Entries
2002 - First Place, Avian
- 2014 - The First Lady Commemorative Egg, Washington, DC
Linda Rossin created the 37th Commemorative Egg presented to First Lady Michelle Obama at the 136th Easter Egg Roll at the White House.
- 2014 - Council for the Arts Annual Miniature Exhibition, PA
2014 - Honorable Mention, "Fire & Ice"
2011 - Honorable Mention, "Neatness Counts"
2010 - BEST OF SHOW "Hello There!"
2009 - Honorable Mention "Basket of Goodness"
- 2013 - New Mexico Miniature Arts Society, NM
2013 - Award of Merit, "Roaming Thunder"
2012 - Award of Distinction, "Cruise Control"
2012 - Honorable Mention, "Sun Bathers"
2012 - Sponsors Award - "Sun Bathers"
- 2012 - El Dorado Gallery, Annual Juried Miniature Art Show, CO
2012 - Merit Award "Sunbathers"
2011 - Merit Award "Retired From Service"
2010 - 1st Place "Evening Glider"
- 2012 - Mondak Art & Historical Society
2012 - First Place, "Bear With Me"
2011 - First Place, "Cruise Control"
- 2011 - LSU School of Veterinary Medicine
2011 - Honorable Mention "Big Sky Country"
- 2005 - Geauga Park Nature Arts Festival, Ohio
Linda Rossin, Featured Artist
- 2005 - 2018 Miniature Artists of America, Signature Member
In 2005 Linda Rossin was elected as a Signature Member into Miniature Artists of America and continues her membership with honor through to today. The MAA is the first organization to recognize national, and now international, outstanding professional artists who work in the miniature genre.
- 2005 - Art of the Animal Kingdom
2005 - "Amidst the Mangrove Shadows", Featured in Exhibition
2004 - "The Fading Patterns Collection", Featured in Exhibition
- 2004 - The Artist's Magazine Annual Art Competition
Finalist in the Animal Art Catagory
- 2001 - Wildcat Art 2001, Tamsen Munger Gallery, Fresno CA
AWARDS; People's Chioce Award
First Place/Small Exotic Cats
Honorable Mention/Small Exotic Cats
- 1993 - Present
Several One Woman Exhibitions; Gallery Group Exhibits; National and International Jurried Show and Exhibition Participation; Invitational Exhibitions; Art Show Judge.
- 2015 - Mr. & Mrs. Howard Stern
- 2014 - President & Mrs. Barack Obama
2000 - Permanent Collection of the MASF
- AcrylicWorks 5, The Best of Acrylic Painting, Bold Values (2018)
Linda's painting "Big Sky Country" was selected to head chapter 5, Animals (page 112, 113), and her second painting "Spring Celebration" is featured on page 127.
"I feel privileged to have had not one painting selected for this incredible book, but two! Considering hundreds of artists from around the world submitted their work for this publication, I feel truly honored to be among the chosen 100 artists represented!" Linda Rossin
- AcrylicWorks 5 Bold Values is a spectacular showcase of contemporary acrylic painting, selected from an International call for entries. The fifth competition book in the AcrylicWorks series, this hardback volume from North Lights Books features a rousing blend of ingenuity and instruction. The 127 stunning paintings featured are accompanied by captivating insights, creative solutions and effective approaches from the artists themselves, with an emphasis on the power of values (light, medium and dark halftones). There’s an old saying among artists that “value does all the work, while color gets all the credit.” AcrylicWorks 5 gives value its due, showing how—in the hands of today’s top artists—it brings bold drama to everyday subjects, conveys emotion and commands the eye. Compiled in this glorious, full-color book are modern-day acrylic masterpieces of a rich variety—from still life and abstracts to people, animals and landscapes, displayed in a sensational range of styles that is sure to captivate both art lovers and artists alike.
Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, and other fine retailers, online or in store.
Author: Jamie Markle (Editor)
Published by: North Light Books
- Art Journey Animals: A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks (2017)
It is truly an honor having had my work selected for inclusion in this marvelous book that focuses on drawings and paintings inspired by animal companions and wild creatures of the world. - Art Journey Animals is the first-ever compendium of the most soulful and inspiring animal and wildlife artworks, culled from the winners of North Light's popular competition-books series. More than 100 hand-selected drawings and paintings by a wide variety of top contemporary artists have been carefully curated to capture the wonder of nature, from the family room to the farm and the sea to the savanna.
The best of the best masterworks from AcrylicWorks, Splash, Strokes of Genius and INCITE have been compiled into this gorgeous, oversized full-color book, which includes observations into the texture, innovation, style and significance of each piece. Accompanying in-depth interviews with the artists offer meaningful insights into nature, the creative process and the human condition.
Available now at Amazon, Barns & Noble, Target, Walmart, and other fine retailers, online or in store.
Author: Jamie Markle (Editor)
Published by: F & W Publications
- Strokes of Genius 6, The Best of Drawing, Value/lights & darks (2014)
More about Strokes of Genius 6, The Best of Drawing, Value/lights & darks
Contributor, page 118 - "Adoration" - Chesapeake Bay Retriever. The image reproduced in Strokes of Genius 6 is a preliminary drawing created for presentation to my clients for their approval before beginning the actual commissioned painting. Adoration was selected for publication because of its relevance to the use of values - the subject of this 6th book in the Strokes of Genius series.
Author: Edited by Rachel Rubin Wolf
Published by: North Light Books
- The Best of Worldwide Wildlife & Animal Artists, Volume I (2012)
Linda Rossin was invited to submit her work for The Best of Worldwide Wildlife Art by an anonymous sponsor. Sponsors include Blick Art Materials, Jerry’s Artarama and In2Art. All submitted work is reviewed by a jury and final artist selections are made. The publisher and design staff then meet to choose the art that will grace the cover. Linda’s work was not only chosen to appear within this book, she is proudly represented, along with three other outstanding artists, on the cover of The Best of Worldwide Wildlife & Animal Artists, Volume 1. - Kennedy publishing uses a three tier process to select artists for their book series: open call; recommendations; and artist review, both on and off line. (This can mean visiting as many as 40,000 art related websites!) Artists selected to submit work are those who exhibit outstanding creativity, innovation, uniqueness, and skill. The end results are high quality art books that feature a wide range of select artwork by artists from around the world.
Published by: Kennedy Publishing
- Modern Masters of Miniature Art in America (2011)
More about Modern Masters of Miniature Art in America
Linda is one of 53 MAA Signature Members featured in this book. -
Full color reproductions
The book extensively covers the subject of miniature art tracing the history, etymology and miniature art societies from the earliest beginnings to the present day. Published in conjunction with the Miniature Artists of America's 25th Anniversary, the book features the work of 53 of the Society’s Signature Members from around the world with their own thoughts on miniatures and on their career. Over 210 photos of miniature art, miniaturists in their studios and exhibitions grace the pages. The author and the Miniature Artists of America Society, are pleased to be offering this book at the publication price set by Lulu with no profit being earned on the sale.
Author: Wes Siegrist
- Masterful Miniatures (2009)
- Out of hundreds of editorial submissions, Linda Rossin's miniature painting of a Monarch butterfly on a clump of line, entitled "Maritime Migrator" was selected as a feature to accompany this editorial, which describes the difference between fine art miniature painting and small works.
Author: Special Section
Published by: American Art Collector
- The Trials and Joys of Working Small (2005)
- In the Spring of 2005 InformArt Magazine published a delightful editorial about painting miniatures, what motivates artists Linda Rossin, Melaine Fain and Wes and Rachelle Seigrist to create these Tiny Treasures, the challenges they face and the rewards they reap from the "WOW factor".
Published by: InformArt Magazine
- Miniature Standards Challenge Linda Rossin (2004)
- 2003 - Linda Rossin's Leap into Wildlife Art
2002 - An Eye for Elephants
Published by: InformArt Magazine
- The Best of Wildlife Art 2 (2000)
More about The Best of Wildlife Art 2
- This book reflects the artist's passion and respect for special moments in nature.
Author: Rachel Rubin Wolf
Published by: North Light Books
- Catalog of the MASF Permanent Collection (2000)
Featured Artist - A full color catalog that features all of the works current to the year 2000 in the Miniature Art Society of Florida's permanent collection.
- The Best of Wildlife Art (1998)
More about The Best of Wildlife Art
- 96 of the world's finest wildlife artists show you how to capture the untamed beauty of nature in all mediums.
Author: Rachel Rubin Wolf
Published by: North Light Books
- Magazine Features
- Linda's work has been featured in Wildlife Art, InformArt, Grays Sporting Journal and Savvy Living magazines. She has also had features in statewide and local newspapers and several other regional publications.
- 2008 - to present, Association of Miniature Artists (AMA), Member
The Association of Miniature Artists (AMA) was founded to encourage the study of the historical precedents of traditional miniature art, preserve the unique techniques of rendering miniatures, foster a consensus of definition and to enable a spirit of cooperation among members in support of each other and the formal societies dedicated to the advancement of this endearing art form.
- 2005 - to present, Miniature Artists of America (MAA), Signature Member
First Organization to Honor Nationally Outstanding Professionals in American Miniaturism
- 2005 - to present, Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Society (MPSGS), Associate Member
The object of The Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, D.C. (MPSGS) is to encourage and stimulate interest among artists and the public in the beautiful forms of miniature art. We sponsor an annual international exhibition; coordinate educational tours, demonstrations, and workshops; and award scholarships to local art students.
- 2003 - to present, Artists for Conservation, Signature Member
The Artists for Conservation Foundation (AFC) - formerly the Worldwide Nature Artists Group (WNAG) - is a non-profit, international organization dedicated to the celebration and preservation of the natural world. The Foundation represents the world's leading collective of nature artists and an unparalleled pool of artistic talent focussed on nature. The organization's mission is to support wildlife and habitat conservation, biodiversity, sustainability and environmental education through art that celebrates our natural heritage.
- 2002 - to present, Society of Animal Artists (SAA), Signature Member
The Society of Animal Artists is an association of animal and wildlife painters and sculptors. Founded in 1960, the Society is devoted to promoting excellence in the portrayal of the creatures sharing our planet, and to the education of the public through its informative art seminars, lectures and teaching demonstrations. Some of the finest animal artists from the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa, Japan, and Australia are represented in the Society's membership.
- 2000 - to present, Cider Painters of America, Signature Member
The Cider Painters of America (or CPA) was founded in 1983 in Dallas, Pa. with the idea of creating public awareness and enjoyment of miniature art. It is a group with a light-hearted name and serious purpose.
- 1998 - to present, Miniature Art Society of Florida (MASF), Member
The Miniature Art Society of Florida encourages artists to become involved in the exciting world of miniaturism. It seeks to broaden the awareness of the public and collectors to the delicate beauty and refinement of this venerable art form.