AFC, SAA, NSPCA
Wildlife, Domestic animals, Flora
Born in Chicago, but growing up in Flint, Michigan, Anni Crouter started painting and drawing before she could read or write. Soon after relocating to Michigan in 1965, this natural ability cought notice by her mother and both of her grandmothers, who encouraged her to express herself. The life on a farm in rural Michigan with a father who was a veterinarian lent itself to many aspiring subjects to paint and draw, such as horses, barn cats, dogs, birds, and other wild and domesticated animals. Many of these subjects still remain her favorites to paint.
Following school, she attended Mott Community College (Flint, MI) majoring in business with a minor in art. Her artwork mainly focused on oil, and sometimes, acrylic mediums. Her big breakthrough came with the introduction into the world of watercolors. She credits her longtime mentor, Jim Ames, AWS. Under his guidance her knowledge in art theory and artistic abilities has continually progressed, and now her work can be seen in national and international trade journals, art galleries, businesses in several states, and in the homes of private collectors.
Anni married Dr. Nathan Boggs, DVM in 2001. They currently reside in Flint, MI, where she shares space at her husbands practice. He fixes them on the ground floor and she paints them in the studio above. It seems that when you love your subjects so much, you make sure that you are around them as much as possible.
Support for Conservation:
Continuing support of the Humane Society of Genesee County and local care groups for the care of domestic animals through art auctions, donations, and volunteering
- 2013 - Americas Parks Through the Beauty of Art
- 2012 - National Society of Painters in Casein and Acrylic
"Lesser Flamingo"--Katherine Steele Renninger Memorial Award
- 2012 - 2012 Art of the Animal Kingdom
- 2012 - Annual International Exhibition on Animals in Art-LSU
- 2012 - 72nd Annual Exhibition NWWS
- 2012 - Annual Exhibition--Shiawasee Art Center
People's Choice Award
- 2012 - Society of Animal Artist Annual Exhibition and Tour
- 2012 - Artists for Conservation--Annual Exhibition
- 2012 - Midland Center for the Arts
- 2012 - Chippewa Nature Center--Annual Exhibition
- 2011 - National Society of Painters in Casein and Acrylic
55th, 56th, 57th Annual--Gypsy Profile, Kangaroo, Wild Dog
- 2011 - Art and the Animal Kingdom
- 2011 - Society of Animal Artists 51st Annual Exhibition and Tour
- 2011 - 24th Annual International Exhibition on Animals in Art-LSU
Stargazer-People's choice award
- 2011 - Mississippi Watercolor Society-Grand National Watercolor Exhibition
Blyth's Hornbill-Bancorp Choice Award
- 2010 - Art and the Animal Kingdom
- 2010 - Society of Animal Artists 50th Annual Exhibition and Tour
San Diego Museum of Natural History-"Hang Time"
- 2010 - 23rd International Exhibition on Animals in Art
Tempted, Bathing Cutie (Honorable Mention)
- 2010 - Artists Magazine Competition
Finalist--Hang Time, Solitaire
- 2010 - The Art of Conservation, An International Exhibit of Nature in Art
Solitaire--Medal of Excellance winner, Wildscape Award
- 2009 - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, Birds in Art Exhibition and Tour
- 2009 - Society of Animal Artist, Small Works Big Impressions
- 2009 - Society of Animal Artists 49th Annual Exhibition
- 2008 - 2008 Artists Magazine Competition
Finalist--Wee Little One, Gypsy Profile, Waiting for His Cowboy
- 2008 - 141st American Watercolor Society exhibition
- 2007 - American Academy of Equine Art annual exhibition
- 2007 - Society of Animal Artists, Small Works Big Impressions
- 2006 - 46th annual Society of Animal Artists exhibition
- 2006 - 46th annual Society of Animal Artists exhibition "Art and the Animal Tour"
- 2000 - Mississippi Watercolor Animal Exhibition
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medicine Association (JAVMA)
May 15th, 2007 cover artist
- Artists Magazine (2011)
- Artists Magazine (2010)
- Artists Magazine (2008)
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (2007)
- Cover Page featured Artist
- International Artist (2005)
All rights reserved. All images and text © Copyright 2013 Anni Crouter - Member of the Artists for Conservation Foundation (Formerly
the Worldwide Nature Artists Group) www.natureartists.com.
This site represents the original artwork
(nature art and wildlife art) of nature
artist and wildlife artist of Anni Crouter and is protected by international copyright laws.
of nature art, wildlife art or any other images or text from this site, requires
permission in writing from Anni Crouter (Heritage Framing).
This site is part of the Artists for Conservation (AFC) Web site. (Wildlife
Art - Nature Art - Conservation) Artists for Conservation is an international, non-profit organization dedicated to
nature art, wildlife art and conservation. On this site you will find world-class
nature art and wildlife art by today's leading nature artists & wildlife artists.
The AFC site is the Web's premier location for nature art, wildlife
All content appearing in pages featuring Anni Crouter is the sole responsibility of Anni Crouter. The opinions expressed on these artists' pages are those of Anni Crouter and do not necessarily reflect those of the Artists for Conservation